Friday 7 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas challenge; Day 3.

It's the third day of the challenge and  today's prompt was candy canes.

I used striping tape for the first time to do this mani and for a first attempt I was really pleased with the results. After the original headache of cutting all the strips i found it relatively easy to use.






To do my candy canes I painted a base coat of No7's tip whitener and once completely dry I added the striping tape randomly across my nail, I wanted to achieve the candy cane effect by having lines of varying thickness. Once all my striping tape was on I added a coat of Barry M's pomegranate and a coat of red glitter for my accent nail.
Don't forget to pop over to everybody else's blogs to see how they're getting on!
A x

4 comments:

  1. I've just got some striping tape and need to try it out. This looks really good.

    I've nominated you for a Liebster award :)
    Check it out here: http://nailthelook.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, love that glitter on your accent nail :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these!
    total inspiration for me :)

    jayj x.
    avecjayj.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stripping tape is on my Christmas list. I hope Santa leaves it in my stocking! These are perfectly imperfect and I love the red glitter! See you day 4

    ReplyDelete